As this type of home schooling method is becoming more popular, there are increasing varieties of how students use the computer for their home schooling. Some computer-based curriculum have the curriculum on CDs or DVDs, such as Switched-On Schoolhouse . Others are more like distance learning courses taken through the Internet (see Online Home Schooling Options below for more information.)
Here, too, though the following are generalizations, this home schooling method tends to work well for you if you:
- want to have your child follow a set scope and sequence,
- want to have step-by-step accountability for your child,
- see a value in using modern technology and don’t have concerns for its over-use,
- need to find a way to not be involved so much in the day-to-day process of your child’s education, though you would be available to give help and general guidance,
- have a child who likes being able to work at his own pace and use the computer.